What kind of ex-pat Lux resident are you?
Do stop by and take our survey:
1. Tolls are introduced between Thionville and Luxembourg. You…
A) Chuckle on the inside but express fake sympathy to French colleagues.
B) Head straight to the Company responsible and bitch all day long while thrusting your placard towards any media that shows up.
C) Laugh your ass off, drink a shot and do a pixie dance.
2. A new Government coalition is setup. You…
A) Learn Luxembourgish and join the Demokratesch Partei as they are apparently the big boys.
B) Stand and nod as you pretend to read the leaflets in your mailbox. Then you trash them as soon as you scuttle inside.
C) Stuff all the junk mail from your box into a neighbour’s. Go inside and laugh as they swear at whoever did this.
3. One of the talking-head politicians says Luxembourgish should be the main language here with English as a second. You…
A) Carry on being a prick in any language that you speak.
B) Switch your phone off and pretend it’s all a bad dream as you head to a client meeting at the Sofitel to talk endless shit.
C) Laugh your ass off, pop open a beer and do a pixie dance.
4. Luxembourg schools come in rock bottom on European league tables as usual. You…
A) Smirk as you send your kids back to their Swiss boarding school.
B) Remark that Luxembourg should be more like Finland to other parents who don’t even want to know your first name.
C) Laugh your ass off, sit down and watch a classic movie with a glass of brandy.
5. A fresh faced young couple ask you to take a picture of them outside the Philharmonie. You...
A) Utter a Luxembourgish insult as you trot past on your horse.
B) Take the pic, and then ask where they are from with the kind of sympathy usually reserved for refugees.
C) Reverse the camera and take a snap of yourself holding up the finger. Walk off and shout “Losers!” as they distraughtly see what you’ve done.
6. Your ‘friend’ calls you and asks if you want to meet up to go apple picking (resulting in 300 of them rotting in your kitchen). You…
A) Scold them for not being there already as you have reserved the whole orchard for the day.
B) Go, but spend most of the time in an empty row hating all that you are.
C) Pretend they’ve got a wrong number by doing a really bad foreign accent, hang up and then get shit-faced in Trier.
7. Another ‘friend’ moves right next to their workplace and invites you to the housewarming. You…
A) Buy a magnum of Dom Perignon and welcome him/her to your vapid club. Current Membership: 1.
B) Go over with a fake smile, a script of pre-rehearsed dialogue and an awful bottle of Crement that someone else gave to you.
C) Rock up in the middle of the party and smack them with a venomous fish. Chuck the fish on the cheap Aldi spread and bounce.
If you scored:
Mostly A’s: You are a scumbag. Hang yourself in a public place.
Mostly B’s: You’re probably in the majority of ex-pats here. You’re part of a socio-economic group known as ‘assholes.’
Mostly C’s: You’re pretty cool, and not afraid to be a little kitsch! Rock on dingus.